Many experimentations going on here and some exciting results. Last weekend at the Cherry Blossom Festival we facilitated over 700 3 x 3 silk pieces with the attendees. Lots of kids of all ages and adults too. During the two days I made a couple hundred sample pieces myself and have mounted them for reference. I also used a number of them to finish off my remaining postcards for the swap I joined in January. Using the practice pieces as reference, I completed some new itajime pieces that are different from anything so far. Unfortunately, I have already delivered them to Textile Dreams without photographing them! Not to worry though- more to come soon.
I finally used some of the 3mm silk I had dyed brown several months ago. I had avoided working with it until now- so gossamer and seemingly ephemeral. Took a couple of photos with questionable results. Since the fabric is so sheer, the camera has a hard time finding a focus. Really, it is more interesting than the photo shows…..
Finished going over the 1500+ photos that were taken during the photo shoot last week to pick the final shots to use. Thanks to Glenn & Amy for that- Amy sure was a great model! A good model really earns her pay….it looks a lot easier than it is. Here’s a sample:
Don’t miss the flickr photoset of the festival- some great photo opportunities.